Monday, January 31, 2011

{A Little R&R}

This past weekend was exactly what I needed: doing a whole lot of nothing...


On Saturday, Brandon and I made plans to visit with his step-mom, Vick, and her boyfriend, John. While Brandon loaded all the software they could possibly need on their iMac's, I played with and took pictures of their new six-month-old kitten, Baby. I also enjoyed being able to kick back on the couch to watch Valentine's Day while I edited some pictures. There is something about sitting in a room with people you love, with the sun's natural light cascading through the window that makes life so enjoyable. Watching the kitten dance around the room and curiously sticking her head into everything makes me wish that kittens would just stay young and cute (none of that old grumpy cat stuff).

Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day! You know you are in Texas when it's 78 degrees in January! Brandon and I took our homework outside by the pool. I could not help but have a smile on my face listening to the little voices of the neighborhood kids drifting through the wind. You would think summer decided to come early this year with seeing everyone outside in shorts and tank tops!
After dinner we went to see some friends who had asked for a favor. Miss Mandy competes in the Miss Teen Texas beauty pageant every year and she needed a photo headshot. It was a lot of fun hanging out with her and the family and we took some great pictures. I am also looking forward to taking pictures for her at the pageant.

No comments:

Post a Comment